Monday, November 26, 2012

Brown Ombre Dresser Redo

Hey Lovely Readers, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! First, I wanted to let you know that I'm guest posting over at Blissful and Domestic, go check it out

I'm also here to share a project I finished up last week. I found a nice dresser at D.I. for my son's bedroom, but it definitely needed a makeover. 





First since it was a laminate piece of furniture, it needed a coat of primer. I used the Glidden Gripper.




Once the coat of primer was dry I painted the body of the dresser and one of the drawers with the straight brown paint.

Then I poured the paint in 3 separate cupes and added a little bit of lighter tan paint that I had leftover from touching up our apartment. I just added a bit more to each additional one


to make each drawer progressively lighter.

There you go, you've got an ombre dresser. I love how it turned out, exactly what I wanted! I just love being able to take a boring piece of furniture and making it a piece that is unique and has character. 

I'm still not quite sure what to do with the drawer pulls though, any ideas?? Please share!




So have you done any fun furniture transformations lately?? Stop by my facebook page and share them with me, I'd love to see them!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I have a boring dresser that would look great with this treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. I've always wanted to do a ombre dresser and you've done a great job. maybe little silver handles could work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do the opposite ombre, the lightest color drawer gets the darkest color knobs and the darkest drawer gets the lightest knobs and the middle two get each others colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you have been busy!! That dresser looks amazing. You are inspiring me. Awesome that you guest posted on Danielle's blog, I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/12/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

    Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice. i love ombre! can't wait to do this to some furniture in my house

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...