Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chalkboard Contact Paper?!?!

Did you know such a thing existed? I didn't until a few weeks ago. I don't remember where I read about it, on an awesome blog no doubt, but as soon as I knew it existed I ordered a roll. (Find it Here) So my first project was my pantry organization. 

A couple months ago I found some awesome containers at Walmart on clearance! A set of three for $2!! I kept having to go back because I kept finding more and more uses for them.

So finally I've got it all put together. The containers, the labels, baskets to organize. It is so much better than our apartment pantry. That one just had wire shelves and they were deep. So there was just a heap of stuff piled to the back and I really couldn't find anything. Wish I had a picture, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. 

Our new pantry is a walk-in pantry with lots of shallow shelves. So I started by printing up three different size templates for my labels, one for each size container.

 Traced it onto the back of the contact paper

Cut out and applied to the containers

 and labeled with chalk

I love this product! It wipes off really easily and really works like a chalkboard. The only thing I would do different is use a chalk marker so it doesn't rub off as easily. I want the option to be able to change what the container is used for, but sometimes when I grab something out of the pantry.


I love an organized pantry. So nice! What do you do to keep your pantry organized?

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I didn't know there was chalkboard contact paper (call me a late bloomer). I'll have to check that out on my next shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tip. I didn't know that chalkboard contact paper existed. I can actually think of lots of similar uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chalkboard contact paper! Is there anything as awesome! How did I not know that existed?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you didn't know about it, but it sure is amazing stuff!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...