Tuesday, November 30, 2010

$6 Wreath

I don't know about you, but I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my Thanksgiving weekend... 

We had a sudden change in plans and the three of us went to my parents house for Thanksgiving. My parents are flight attendants and were getting home on Thursday afternoon. We decided we'd let ourselves into their house and surprise them with Thanksgiving dinner. Anyway, since we got back it's been 4 loads of laundry, catching up on emails, recovering sleep (Andrew doesn't sleep well in new places), and folding said 4 loads of laundry, among other random to-do's.

I finished this project today, just in time for December and it was super easy. All my supplies were $1 or less.

Supplies:
Wreath
Garland
Ribbon
Christmas ornaments
other things to jazz it up ('Merry Christmas' from Walmart, other sayings from Goodwill, and the berry(?) things)


Start by wrapping the garland around the wreath. If you worry about the the wreath showing through, give the wreath a quick coat of spray paint. Mine wasn't bad and with all the other stuff that gets added you don't see any of the wreath.


Next glue the ornaments on to the wreath however you would like them.

Finish by jazzing it up however you would like. I wrapped the ribbon around, hung the Merry Christmas in the middle, glued on some berries and glued on the words.


Super easy and inexpensive wreath is just what our door needed for this time of year!

11 comments:

  1. I love an inexpensive wreath :) I would like it if you shared this wreath DIY on my Holiday link party.

    Find it here: http://bit.ly/h0FA83

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wreath..I love it! I just bought the merry Christmas cutout too and was wondering what I was gonna do it with it. Good idea.


    Stop by and see me sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal! I made glittery monogram ornaments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! i featured you on my blog post about wreaths

    http://lofteeideas.blogspot.com/2010/12/bow-wreath-lazy-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive--I love the words on there. Thanks for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence's Under $100 Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I never would have thought to wrap garland around a wreath base like that, but it totally works with your wreath. All the decorations you used made it be so bright and festive too. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So easy I think I can do this! Yay! Thanks. Oh, what glue do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and festive! Great way to start decorating for the season. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm sure your parents were so happy to see you guys there! What a nice idea!
    Hope you can join my stocking stuffer giveaway going on now, too! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-with-path-less-traveled.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wreath. Funny how we came up with similar ideas, in regards to the berries and words. :) The dollar store is amazing!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...